Child Care Family Fee Rate Calculator
Initial Enrollments or Recertification
Effective July 1, 2022, at initial certification or at recertification, a family will be considered income eligible if that family’s adjusted monthly income is at or below 85 percent of the SMI, adjusted for family size. At initial certification or at recertification, contractors will determine a family’s initial income eligibility, as directed in CHILD CARE BULLETIN (CCB) NO. 22-14.
CDSS CCDD Contractors will determine a family fee for the following CCDD contract types.
- Alternative Payment Programs (CAPP), including Migrant Alternative Payment Programs (CMAP)
- Migrant Child Care and Development Programs (CMIG)
- General Child Care and Development Programs (CCTR)
- Family Child Care Home Education Networks (CFCC)
- Child Care and Development Services for Children with Special Needs (CHAN)
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) Stages One, Two (C2AP), and Three (C3AP)
- Emergency Child Care Bridge Program for Foster Children
- Please contact your Program Quality Implementation Consultant if you have questions about how fees are calculated, a list of the PQI Consultants is listed here: Program Quality and Improvement Branch (PQIB)
- Please contact the CDMIS team for technical or functionality issues with the calculator by email at CDMIS@dss.ca.gov